The Association Cardijn was created in Cádiz, Spain, in 1993 with the aim of working with the most disadvantaged social groups, particularly young people from poor areas and immigrants.
Its purposes are:
- Integral promotion of all people from working and popular environments.
- Awareness, information, orientation, formation and promotion of young people, especially from poor and working class areas
- Awareness, information, orientation, counseling, reception, training and promotion of migrants – immigrants and migrants – and especially those in situations of greater vulnerability.
- Information, orientation, training and promotion work and professional, as well as assistance in finding employment both domestic and foreign.
- Collaboration with the various public or private administrations that intervene or are interested for the same purposes.
In 2005 it joined the CONSORCIO “SECRETARIADOS DE MIGRACIONES”, which is part of a state action and represented in four Autonomous Communities: Madrid, Valencia, Andalusia and Ceuta.
Its three main areas of work are young people, immigrants and employment.